February 1, 2013

Felt Poptarts

Who doesnt like felt and poptarts?!? Well I decided to combine them and make Sister Bear couple easy peezy felt pop tarts to go with her kitchen. I whipped these out in about 30 minutes! I love quick and easy projects!

So heres how I did it..

Supplies:
  • Felt - colors of your choice
  • Thread
  • Sewing machine
  • Pinking shears
  • Scissors or rotary cutter
  • Ruler
 You could easily go over board and get real elaborate with theses, but I wanted to keep them simple.

First I cut out 4 rectangles that were 4 x 3 inches.

 Next I went around all the sides with my hand-me-down pinking shears to give it the pop tart look.
 Ta Da! This takes about 2 minutes!
 Next I just free handed the "frosting". I cut out two and laid them onto my poptart tops.









The next step I found the most time consuming :-/ I made sprinkles out of french knots. I had to do 2 knots for each sprinkle because they weren't showing up well.


 I have the red and white done!









Oh look! The blue is done! I totally wasn't planning on red, white and blue themed, but they turned out cute!
 The next step, super easy! Take your poptart top and your poptart bottom and sew them together! If you have good pinking shears, you could wait to cut the outside until this step.
 Ta Da! Cute felt poptarts! Super easy and totally free!
 I think I'm going to make more here soon. I see strawberry flavor in our future!
I hope you enjoyed our pop tarts! Have you made felt pop tarts or were you inspired by mine? I would LOVE to hear about it! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment