January 21, 2013

Money Saving Tip #2!

CUT DRYER SHEETS IN HALF

This is going to be a quick one because it's pretty straight forward. I have to credit my mother in law for teaching me this simple trick. THANKS!

 
When I get my box, I sit down with some scissors and a basket ( from The Dollar Tree) and cut them all in half.  It ddoesn't take long trust me,  and you can cut quite at a time. Then they go in the basket to go on the shelf above my washer.

Most people use dryer sheets and they are not that expensive, but over a lifetime that cost will add up! A box of 160 Bounce dryer sheets go for $6.84. Now that box will only last you 160 loads, but if you cut them in half it will last you 320 loads! They work just the same! 

Now for really small loads, like just the kids blankies, I will even cut them in half again. So then I'm only using 1/4 of a dryer sheet! Simply awesomeness!

Just think, if you live alone and always do small loads, using 1/4 of a sheet would be enough! You could make one box of 160 sheet last you 640 loads! That's over a year and a half's worth of dryer sheets if you do one load a day!

So cut those suckers in half and only buy them once a year. Maybe even ask for some for Christmas and then they are free! 


Go save some money!

I hope you are enjoying my money saving tips, and I will have another one for you next Monday. If you have any comments, questions or suggestions, there is this cute little box just below where you can leave me a note! Thanks :-)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment