January 25, 2013

Fruit Loop Paintings

I love doing art projects with my kids with things I already have in the house. I really enjoyed doing this project with Sister Bear and plan on doing it again when Baby Bear is older. So here is what we did!
Enjoy!

Supplies Needed:
  • Glue
  • Fruit Loops
  • Zip lock baggies
  • Paper
 (Note: I apologize for these pictures, they were taken with a not so great camera and before I started blogging. Next time I do this project I will get much better pictures!) 

We started out by sorting all the fruit loops by colors. This was a great way to talk about colors and counting. Sister Bear surprised me by doing a perfect job! 
 Next we put the sorted fruit loop into cheap zip lock baggies( Dollar Store!) and crushed them! This was fun!
Crush! Bam! Bang!

Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'!
 All done and ready to use!
 Once the fruit loops were dust, we put them back into their containers, keeping them separated by color.
I didn't get a picture of the next part, but all I did was drizzle glue all over a piece of paper. I used painting paper so it wouldn't curl.

Next I showed Sister Bear how to sprinkle our fruit loop dust onto the glue. Once she got the idea, away she went!
We all had a blast helping her get the glue covered before it dried. Next time we will only put a little glue on the paper at a time.
Done! The colors are so vibrant in real life and once it dries the dust doesn't really come off. I'm sure you could spray some spray sealant or adhesive on in. If you do, let me know how it turns out!


We had a lot of the dust left over, so I put the lids on the containers and am saving them for another day. I look forward to doing this project again!!!


(If this was your idea originally, please let me know. I honestly can't remember if I came up with this, or if I saw it somewhere and just forgot.)


Please leave me some comment love! I would LOVE to hear from you and see picture if you did this project!

No comments:

Post a Comment