December 22, 2012

Sidewalk Chalk Paint

This stuff is so awesome! We had a blast making it and painting with it. The best part?? Its super duper easy to clean up! Just wash it away with water! It comes off your cloths and skin with no problem. (just watch the amount of food coloring)

Now I know it is the middle of " winter", but I found the pictures today and I wanted to share this with you. We live in the Northwest, so we just get a lot (!) of rain for the most part. I'm sorry in advance for the not so great pictures, the camera I had at the time was tweaking out and gave all my pictures a blue hue.

What you need:
  • 1 part cornstarch (I did 1/4 cup each, but ended up making more)
  • 1 part water
  • food coloring
  • small containers or a muffin tin
  • Paint brushes (Dollar Tree)
 I just mixed the cornstarch and water in a bowl, then poured a little into each well in a muffin tin. I then let Sister Bear pick out the colors and she helped me add them. Once we mixed them up, the paints were ready to go. I originally got the idea from Amy over at The Idea Room, and then found Jenny at Creatively Blooming with some great pictures. Go and check them out! ( Their pictures are sooo much better!)

We had a blast!

I asked her to smile :-)

FUN!



This was a really fun project to do and I will be making them again as soon as it gets above 60o. :-)I really really
like the consistency of the paints once they started to settle a bit. It was fun stirring them back up.

When we painted with some of the colors, the driveway just looked wet. But as it dried it looked just like chalk! We accidentally left these outside for a few days and they dried up. :-( BUT! If you just a add a bit more water and stir, presto changeo they are as good as new! I think we did this a dozen times until the paint was all gone!

We had a blast with these and it lasted us for a while. I love projects like these!

Have you ever made sidewalk chalk paint? Or have I inspired you? You don't have to have to have children to try these! Have fun and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment